You can’t keep a good con down… so after a year off sunning ourselves BSidesVienna is back for 2019!
We’re teaming up with the very fine folks over at DeepSec again to throw a BSides event straight after their conference at the end of November. In true BSides fashion we’re looking for a good mix of security and hacker talks designed to wow the crowd and keep them coming back for more.
If you want to get a feel of what we’re looking for, check out the archive of our past BsidesVienna events:
- 2017: Talk schedule (slides included)
- 2016: Talk schedule (slides included)
- 2015: Talk schedule (slides included)
- 2014: Talk schedule (slides included)
We are currently seeking a selection of presentations and shorter (15-minute) lightning talks. BSides is an open, international event, the official conference language for all talks, trainings and workshops (as well as submitted abstracts) is English to ensure our foreign friends don’t feel all sad panda about missing things.
Topics of interest include (but are in no way limited to) the following:
- Information technology
- Network security & Cryptography
- Web Application security
- Mobile security
- Usable security
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Innovative attack / defense strategies
- Forensics / Malware
- Embedded device security / IoT
- Physical security and lockpicking
- Hardware hacking
- Biohacking and modification
- Open source software
- Robotics (bonus points for bringing an actual robot)
- Massive abuse of technology
- Evolutionary computing
- History & Philosophy of computing
- Ethical and philosophical implications of hacking
- Disrupting politics & society (in a constructive way)
- Creating and maintaining safe-spaces & encouragement of female participation
The Jargon Lexicon contains a nice definition we think fits very well here:
hacker: n. [...] 7. One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations. [...]
To apply, please provide the details of your talk proposal and contact info at https://cfp.bsidesvienna.at/bsv19/cfp.
CFP will close on 04th November 2019 (@ 23:59 UTC+2).
BSides Vienna is a non-profit community driven event, and relies on the kind sponsorship of people and companies like you to succeed.
If you want to support the initiative and gain visibility by sponsoring, please contact us by writing an e-mail to crew [at] bsidesvienna [dot] at*.